Friday, September 14, 2007

Aesop's Neopian Fables

Ever been to Neopets.com ? My kids love it! I even have an account...although I can't say I've played recently.

Writing this past week was done progymnasmata-style: Read a fable, write 3 or so key words per sentence and then re-write the fable in your own words. The kids all enjoyed this, especially the "own words" part. All the illustrations and the names too are Copyright 2000-2007 Neopets, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Used With Permission.

Click on each story to read it! Can you guess what each original fable was called?

Illusen & the Xweetok, by Ginger

The Weewoo & the Vase, by Momo

The Gnorbu & the Load of Salt, by Tullius


I can't wait to see what they write this week!

5 comments:

LH said...

Wow those are pretty printouts :-)
Fancy! I bet the kids love it.
We just use pencil and filler paper . . yours looks more fun!

Lisa~ said...

Hi Lee! My girls love Neopets! They were wondering if they could have the user names?

If its ok, you can send it to me in private.... or I will send you my girls.

I loved the stories.....so did my girls....

My guess for story number 1....mercury and the woodman???


I will let other guess the rest... Hope I win a prize! *Ü*

my5wolfcubs said...

lh -- thanks for stopping by! I confess I'm too cheap to let them print all that in color. :) They do pencil & paper too, but then got to type the final copy & add pictures.

Lisa! I sent you the kids Neopet user names! And you got the first fable right! I'll have to draw you a picture as a prize!

Anyone else willing to guess at the original titles to the Aesop's fables?

Lee

Anonymous said...

Cute! We outgrew the Neopet thing before we even discovered them, but those are great little writing projects.
Remudamom

Tory said...

Love it! The Weewoo is The Crow and the Pitcher, right? My daughter loved these. I'm sure we'll now be seeing stories like that here, too!

Latin Motto

Non scholae sed vitae discimus ~ Seneca. We learn not for school, but for life.