Thursday, September 27, 2007

ABC Muffins & Broccoli Soup recipes

I love Cream of Broccoli soup -- this is as good or better then what you can get as the soup of the day at a restaurant!
This recipe feeds our family of 7 with no left overs. And even the kids who don't liked cooked broccoli, love the soup.


I make these muffins once a week or so -- using up whatever slightly mushy apples or bananas I have. You can also add raisins or nuts. If I have apple sauce I'll substitute 1/2 cup oil for 1/2 cup applesauce. They're moister then.
I usually make these in a 9x9 pan & bread pan, I burn muffins too often.

Click on the recipes to see a larger copy. I hope they print out okay for those of you who want to try them!

Oh, to make popsicles, I use a can of pineapple and a banana or two. If we have orange juice, I'll use some of that also. Sometimes I put in a little Vitamin C powder also. I have a couple plastic popsicle molds I got at the grocery store. Mmmm!

3 comments:

Sea Star said...

Thanks for the recipes. I know I will give them both a try soon. I love Cream of Broccoli soup. My kids actually eat broccoli so I hope they will give this a try too.

Do try out some of the BBC movies. They are so good. But I am a movie person. Grew up watching all types of movies. I even took film classes in college.

Tami, full-time mom; part-time foodie said...

Hi Lee!

Mmmmmm It looks like you are cookin' up a storm! Can we come over for some Home Ec lessons?

I have a similiar broccoli soup recipe, only I throw all but the cream and cheese in the crock pot all day. Before serving, I mash with a potato masher and add cheese and cream. Super simple!

Have a great week-end, and posting those drawings!

: )
Tami

Rhonda said...

My husband would love the ABC muffins. It's hard to get leftover apples here, so I'll have to hide a couple. :)

Latin Motto

Non scholae sed vitae discimus ~ Seneca. We learn not for school, but for life.