Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Kindergarten Week 5

This is the weekly assignment sheet I created for Zamakee over the weekend. He hasn't had (nor appeared to care) for an assignment sheet before. That is probably the reason that certain things for him have gotten pushed to last, or simply forgotten. When he saw the colorful schedules I was attempting to make for the other children, he wanted one too. So this is what I came up with.

The only thing glaringly missing (to me) is Before Five in a Row. I still haven't gotten to planning that. I could just forget it -- save B4FIAR for Beanie next semester and save myself some guilt. I'm not quite ready to do that yet. Perhaps I need to go back and re-read Kerri's FIAR Planning Post

The other thing that I don't have a formal plan for is math. I decided to focus on phonics this first semester, letting math come through picture books and life (counting the forks, pointing out the page numbers, etc). I try to get a picture math book or two from the library each week. We also have a great many math manipulatives at our house...perhaps I should add that to the sheet! Zamakee does enjoy typing numbers on the computer. He'll take one of each color of the play money in, say, Star Wars Monopoly and meticulously enter each amount into a Word document.

Zamakee's "photo" was created at eLouai.com for our family Christmas 2006 card. He was 4 1/2 years old. Now he's FIVE!

No comments:

Latin Motto

Non scholae sed vitae discimus ~ Seneca. We learn not for school, but for life.