Sunday, August 19, 2007

Arizona, where even the water is humid

Typically an Arizonian will tell you, if you comment on the unfavorable HOT temperature of our lovely state, "it's a dry heat."

And it is, really. Except during the monsoon season...which we just happen to be in right now. So, instead of standing in front of an open oven at 115 degrees, you are standing in the steam room at 103 degrees.

This afternoon, I took the boys on our usual weekend library/grocery run. When we got back to the car, the first thing my 5yo Zamakee did was grab the water bottle. After a long drink he looked up at me and said, "Even the water is humid."

So it is, son. So it is.

3 comments:

Lisa~ said...

Ohh.... kids are so cute with the things they say... honest and true....

Hope you have a grand week! Day one, here we come!

Lisawa~

Margie said...

Oh, Lee, I can feel your pain. I am here in South Georgia where it is so hot and usually humid, but we have had no rain. It is dry and over a hundred here too. I can't even breathe in when I go outside. So much for those Charlotte Mason nature walks right now! Check out my recent blog. I referenced you and your beautiful artwork. I really like the bird today. Incredible!

Jennefer said...

I can so relate living in Houston. Be thankful you only have to deal with the humidity a few months a year. We live at 90% (or greater)humidity almost year round! Not good for a person with frizzy hair for sure. Lol! Hope you are having a wonderful week.

Jennefer

PS I love your new artwork; have you always been an artist? You are very talented! Do any of your children share your gift?

Latin Motto

Non scholae sed vitae discimus ~ Seneca. We learn not for school, but for life.