Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What's on your desk?

Audrey @ Opus Dei Academy tagged me with

"What's on your desk?

You can tell a lot about a person by the state of their desk and what they keep on it. So, share what's on your desk. You can take pictures, take an inventory, or do both. Don't have a desk? That's okay, just give us a glimpse into the space where you pay bills, write letters, grade papers, study, or work on the computer.

When you've finished your photos or inventory, post it on your blog and tag five more people to do the same. Don't forget to share the rules with those you tag and ask them to share their posts with you when they are done."


Well, my desk is remarkable tidy! I cleaned it about 2 weeks ago and have been keeping it that way.

I have a tissue box, my beloved eMac, a router, a new Apple modem, a watering can pen cup, an ink drinking printer, my iPhone, a paper on Greek columns, and the following books: The Well-Trained Mind (revised edition from the library), A Charlotte Mason Education, and The Chemy Called Al. That is it!

Oh, what is that box under the desk? Well, that is where I put everything that was "homeless" from my desk when I cleaned it. I've gotten exactly ONE thing out of the box since I cleaned off my desk. Which means, I really don't need all that stuff. I just can't part with it...yet. So if I was to take the box and dump it on the desk, you'd have a pretty good idea of what my desk would look like normally.

Hmm, whose desk do I want to see a picture of??

Sugar at I Like Pi
Michelle at Our Trio of Children
Jean at Quiver's House
Kel at Voyager Learning Center
Mama Peep at Classical Education Our Way

Come on, girls, let's see those desks!

16 comments:

Phyllis said...

I like your computer! I just got a Mac myself, which forced me to completely revamp our office/school area, and I also have been keeping the surfaces clean for the past two weeks. My stack of papers I can't yet part with is on a shelf for now...Now what in the world is The Chemy Called Al? What an interesting title!

Mama Peep said...

I would love a mac!

I clean my desks all the time, but then about 20 minutes later I can't find anything and I want it messy again. :-) You caught me while trying to kill time before my flight so I better get it in before I have to go. Come check it out. :-)

Patricia

the striped rose said...

Very Tidy!

I can't say I even remember what the surface of my desk looks like!

Michele B
http://thestripedrose.blogspot.com/

Audrey said...

Aww how sweet, my blog is on your computer screen! :)

Angela said...

I actually did a big clean of the desk yesterday- since it was one of the big new years resolutions to clean off..maybe I will get brave and photograph!

Sherri in GA said...

I don't think I would ever be brave enough to post a picture of our desk!!

Anonymous said...

Apple computers OH YEAH! NOthing but Macs allowed here. :) DH is a motion designer, but even if he wasn't Mac all the way. :)

Brittney said...

I can't tell you how many boxes I have like that! I'm afraid of what's in there!

I am so glad you played along! I love memes!

Brittney

Anonymous said...

Lee,
I'm inspired to clean my messy desk after seeing how neat yours looks! This will be my "hot spot" project of the day. (That's Flylady lingo.) One more thing, Flylady would tell you that the box of junk under your desk is no longer blessing you or your home so get rid of it! E' ya soon.
Stacy :-)

Michelle said...

What a neat desk you have! Mine is in a state of "organized clutter" but I posted pics on my blog after you tagged me!

Anonymous said...

My desk needs a MAJOR cleaning right now! Lots of stacks of nothing, clutter, hairbrush, a couple of pair of pants folded up and posty notes all over. Great job keeping your desk tidy!

Sugar said...

okay...I did the memememe thingie...come and see!!!

Anonymous said...

Lee,
Thanks so much for coming by and commenting on my blog. I love your desk. It looks great. Are we all Rainbow Resource Catalog people? We all have this catalog on our desks.

Blessings to you and your family.

Karen aka Testimony at WTM boards.
www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

Wee Pip said...

Wow, good for you - keeping your desk clean for 2 whole weeks;) My desks are so cluttered, they're unusable.

Lori C., Texas said...

Sorry, but I have know idea where I found that print of the little boy with the castle. I have had it saved on my computer forever. I resized my columns. So hopefully the other column shows up now. I really have know idea what I am doing!:) But it is kind of fun!

Lori

Tracy said...

I'm constantly cleaning off mine . But it manages to get cluttered shortly afterwards .

www.thereedfamily-blog.blogspot.com

Latin Motto

Non scholae sed vitae discimus ~ Seneca. We learn not for school, but for life.