Sunday, March 2, 2008

Project 2008 March: The Garden


The first couple years we lived in this house, I tried to "grow a garden." We did harvest a few things, but then I had a baby (who is now 2 1/2) and gardening fell by the wayside. It is a place for the the children to dig. To get muddy. To create elaborate tunnels and houses for their little Scupley creations. And, on the day I took this photo, to store their not-in-use toys.

My goal for March is get all the stuff out of the garden and work on the soil. To make it look like it could be a garden...even if I don't plant anything this year!

If you want to join in, go to New Mercies Every Day and sign up!
And, if you want to see my previous months projects:
January: Sewing Room
February: Master Bedroom

7 comments:

Lori C., Texas said...

Okay. I found where I found the picture. http://www.proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com/ I emailed. So, hopefully, she will know where she got it. It is on her side bar.:) We may almost have it!!:)

Anna said...

Love your project idea! Thanks for the kind comments you left on my blog, it has been an inspiration to look at yours! I will definitely be checking back!
St. Theophan Academy

Nora said...

Lee, you could do so much with that space! Of course I have no idea how to grow anything in the desert :D, but I'm rooting for you! Can't wait to see what you get done.

Lisa~ said...

Lee! I have not posted my results or new project! I'll get to that...

What a great project!! I cant wait to see how it goes.... I do not have a green thumb at all... but finally have some boxes that I hope to make into our little garden spot soon....

Maybe my April project....

Great job!

Lisa

the striped rose said...

Lots of "scope for the imagination" there! Have fun!

Michele

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing how the garden soil turns out at the end of the month. Hope all is well!
Stacy :-)

Anonymous said...

How is your March project coming? Can't wait to see the results;')
Thanks for stopping by!

Latin Motto

Non scholae sed vitae discimus ~ Seneca. We learn not for school, but for life.