Sunday, February 24, 2008

Project 2008 February: The Master Bedroom


At then end of January, when I took these photos, my bedroom was Playmobil Central. What you see below on the dresser was the Playmobil Knights Advent Calendar (open a little box a day). The rest of the Playmobil was in a large plastic tub under my dresser. It has all since been moved to the clean sewing room, where there is space to spread out and set up and mom doesn't make you put it away before bed.

This first picture is standing in the doorway, looking straight into the room. Notice no curtains on the window, no pictures on the wall, and laundry in the foreground. That is where the clean laundry goes until it is folded. This is Ginger & Momo's job, which they can't seem to do every single day.
This is standing in the doorway, looking to the right across the room. No curtains, no picture...pile of computer related books on my husband's nightstand, and my ironing board. Usually the ironing board has a pile of clean dress shirts on the end. See that yellow thing on the tree? It's a sunflake! We like the poem "Sunflakes" by Frank Ashe.


This final picture is looking into the master bathroom/closet, with a good view of the TV and its paraphernalia. Oh, and there is some baby stuff there on the floor -- car seat, walker, etc. Stuff that I'm planning to give away.


I'd like to say that by the end of February, the room will be painted, curtains hung, pictures mounted, an entertainment center purchased. But no, I know those things won't be done. I am going to try to get back to ironing all my husband's shirts once a week and then putting the ironing board in the closet. I think I'm ready to move on to March!

7 comments:

Angela said...

THis makes me feel that I am not alone when I saw your ironing boards. My bed room is a laundry pit that I have been trying to tackle for months! I am going to post my photos for a decor challenge for some inspiring people to help me with !

Wee Pip said...

Good luck on your bedroom project!! Hope it goes well & we can see lovely photos when the project is finished:)
Sarah

Karen said...

Ironing is bad - don't do it.

The big thing I did for my master bedroom this year is to finally buy a headboard. It made a big difference. Now I need curtains and an entertainment center and somebody to fold my clothes and to convince the girls that their toys do not belong in my room. Isn't it too cold to paint? I'm sure it is.

Lisa~ said...

Lee... I have not finsihed my project... and it was easy in comaprsion to the last! Yikes...

Not to much longer... come on March!

Lisa

Tina in WA said...

I think our room looks lovely.

~Tina

Anonymous said...

Your bedroom looks great! Show us a picture after you paint it.
Stacy :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, ya got 1 day left...can't wait to see! :)

Latin Motto

Non scholae sed vitae discimus ~ Seneca. We learn not for school, but for life.