Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Surgery & Snowflakes

Ginger's eye surgery went very well! To all who prayed and were thinking of us, THANK YOU! She is only a week out, but the surgeon is pleased with the results.

I enjoyed my time off of message boards and blogs, not because I found other delightful pursuits to fill the time, but because I was not wondering what everyone else was up to...and did I have an opinion to share?? :)

Last night, I did what seemed like a little blog reading for the first time in about 10 days -- my wrist hurt after using the mouse so much! I can't have that! I have NaNoWriMo coming up in three weeks! I've got my general plot and a few character ideas...

Speaking of writing, there is a very cool article about writing called The Snowflake Method. Even if you aren't contemplating writing a novel, the link he gives for The Koch Snowflake (made using fractals) is worth the visit!

And speaking of snowflakes, if you love paper snowflakes but don't enjoy sweeping up afterwards, have I got a website for you! Take a peek at SnowDays when you have a few minutes of free time. After the intro, you can create your own snowflake or even view one we've made. The kids have used different names, but if you search by Fuzzypretzel you'll see some they've done! And if you make some, I'd love to see them!

Oh, I updated our History Project Pictures with the things we've been working on...one of these days, I'm going to update the whole website.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Your history projects are gorgeous, as always!! You are so lucky to have so much artistic talent in your house.

I'm glad Ginger's surgery went well. Quick healing vibes to her.

Anonymous said...

You all are so much more crafty than we are. We don't do anything like that. I have half-heartedly tried with lackluster results. We just end up doing Legos instead!

Glad to see you back. I know what you mean about getting sucked in to the boards and all. I need to cut way back myself!

Melissa

Sea Star said...

Your projects look so good. Maybe I will be more into those kinds of projects the next time around when my kids are a bit older. I hope so at least they sure add a lot to the study of those cultures.

I am glad to hear that the surgery went well and than she is healing.

Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome projects! I still want to come to your house for school. :)

Glad Ginger is doing well, considering...

Lisa~ said...

I love the Greek coins! Nummy! Great projects Lee.... and wolf cubs!!!

Glad to see you back online!!

Lisa

Robin M said...

Hey Lee,

What a coincidence.

I just discovered NaNoWriMo just 5 minutes before coming over to your blog. It sounds fun and interesting, so giving it some thought.

If I take all the time spent reading blogs and wandering the internet and put that into writing, I could probably do it. I have cut my internet browsing in half, and discovered reading is a pleasure again. Now, maybe I'll cut it by half again and discover something else to add to my jillion things to do a day list.

"life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Have a good day

Robin

Robin M said...

Hey Lee,

Yes, I'll be your writing buddy. That will entirely commit me to the project now and have some accountability. Just let me know what supposed to do as a 'buddy'.

I can't figure out how to add you as a buddy on the website. How do I do it? My user name is my last name, didn't think of using my blog name.

Meliss said...

I always enjoy looking at your family's history projects! Where did you get the instructions for making the Babylonian mosaic? Or did you do it all on your own?

Latin Motto

Non scholae sed vitae discimus ~ Seneca. We learn not for school, but for life.