Tuesday, October 23, 2007

NaNo & My Stick Family

November is fast approaching but it isn't too late to sign up for National Novel Writing Month! You've always wanted to write a novel one day, haven't you? Well, NaNoWriMo is the end of the One Day Novelist! Yes, that is you -- the one who is always keeps saying "One day, I'm going to write a novel."

This will be my second year participating (and finishing, I hope!). So far, I know two people writing this year -- my sister and Robin at My Two Blessings. If you're going to be writing (I know you want to!) and would like to be Writing Buddies, just go to my Author Info page and either send me a Nano Mail or add me as a buddy.

What is a Writing Buddy? Someone who is there to encourage you -- either via email, on the msg boards or just through the word count bar! Everyday you write you upload your word count and the little bar moves a little farther to the right, a little closer to victory!


Now, who are these cute stick families that I heard about at Pheasant Ridge Academy? My family!

This first one I made. That is my Harley Honey, myself, Ginger 12, Momo 10, Tullius 7, Zamakee 5 and Beanie 2.


This second one my daughters, Ginger & Momo, made (without having seen mine).


Funny how we didn't pick the same options! All the kids wanted to know why Daddy was bald in my picture! Well, I couldn't have the beard and hair, it wasn't an option. Nor did they have a motorcycle helmet. So I did the best I could! There is only one thing exactly the same in both pictures -- can you find it? If you make a Stick Family, I'd love to see it!

10 comments:

Sea Star said...

I made a stick family and added it on my sidebar. These are kinda fun! I wonder what my kids would make if I put Sophie here... maybe we will do that sometime for fun.

Sea Star said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Lee,

I finally got it figured out and added you as a buddy. My name over there is mytwoblessings. Cute stick figures. :)

Robin of mytwoblessings

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I successfully linked you! THanks, that was so easy too. DUH!

Now, to spend some time adding more links, time I don't have. I am ignoring that the kids are on the other computer. Ok, time to get back to reality. I'll do more later. I just don't want to forget, you know!

Thanks Lee!!!

melissa

Christy said...

I made my family and posted it on my blog. I always wondered where people got those stickers.

Lisa~ said...

Ok.. me too! My stick family is up!

Lisa

Be Inspired Always said...

What a cute idea.



Jillian

Moohaa said...

Hey There! I've entered NaNoWriMo as well. My name over there is kellyjene and I added you as a buddy.

I created a stick family. Come on over and look!

Petunia said...

I've decided to join the NaNoWriMo after all. I haven't registered yet but when I do I'll add you to my buddy list.

Lisa said...

I am doing NaNoWriMo and I found you because I googled nanowrimo and found your blog. I was looking for people who were doing it too. I've added you as a buddy. I am Lisaquing there.

Latin Motto

Non scholae sed vitae discimus ~ Seneca. We learn not for school, but for life.