Tuesday, January 29, 2008

123 Book Meme

Lisa at Koinonia Academy and Audrey at Home Learning Adventures tagged me!

Step one: Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).

Well, The Boxcar Children is the closest.

Step two: Open the book to page 123.

Since, Tullius is sitting here, I'll have him find page 123.

Step three: Find the fifth sentence.

And I'll have him find the fifth sentence, which is not as easy as it sounds. Does the first sentence end with the first period? We'll go with the first complete sentence being number 1 for our counting purposes.

Step four: Post the next three sentences.

He ran alone up to the boxcar. It seemed like magic that he knew where to go. When Dr. Moore came back, he was carrying Violet in his arms.

Step five: Tag five people.

Let see...whose blog do I enjoy & need to visit?

Twilight and Sunrise
Carr Homeschool
A Bit of Bubbly
Living, Loving, Learning
Redefining Normal


Let me know if you play along!

7 comments:

Lisa~ said...

Lee... I love the box car children! It was one of my favorites to read as a kid ( and I didnt like reading then) and I loved reading them to my kids.

Lisa

Chris said...

I'll play! I'm so flattered that you think my little blog worthy!!
Thanks for the thrill lol
chris

Lori C., Texas said...

I just posted mine. Thanks for sharing the fun.

Tina in WA said...

Very neat idea with having your son help you find the page.

You amaze me, Lee. :o) Always coming up with a different take, idea, etc. I am blessed to know you.

~Tina

Jackie in AR said...

This is the first time I've been tagged. How fun! Thank you. :-)

Tina Puntigam said...

RYC: We could start a different Honey clan, I call my hubby HunnyBunny sometimes. I'm planning on participating in 2008, but there isn't a current icon, so I have 2007 NaNoWriMo icon. I hope that's not too disappointing, but I am really looking forward to giving it a go this year.

Darcy @ m3b said...

I tagged you too. Since you already did this one, I guess you're exempt. I'l tag you with the Excellence Award. You're an excellent gal.

My van is 8 years old, and we have about 80k+ or so. :) But that includes 3 years of home isolation. So it's probably more than it seems.

Latin Motto

Non scholae sed vitae discimus ~ Seneca. We learn not for school, but for life.